1. Rajkummar made his acting debut alongside Amitabh Bachchan
Rajkummar Rao is not an actor. He is a phenomenon, for the lack of a better word. I would gladly accept a superlative thrown in my direction to describe this extraordinary man! The man who changed the way we perceive and expect of our actors, for good. Bollywood has gotten more game and meaning in the recent past, thanks to Rao and the likes of his. But this is about him. About the Gurgaon-born who gave up his actual last name because for what it’s worth, Rajkummar has given a 360-degree twist to the definition of ‘hero.’
Maybe “good looks, good looks, and good looks” aren’t the only requirements in the show business. And in addition, Raj has proved that hard work has no substitute and there is no success your perseverance cannot get, even without a godfather. Movies like Newton, Trapped, Bareilly ki Barfi, Behen Hogi Teri, Judgementall Hai Kya, Queen…only provide a solid testimony to his versatility. And while we know the actor Rajkummar, there is more to this talent house than meets the eye. We’ve rounded up 12 things every fan of Rajkummar ought to know. It’s a non-starter.
Did you know not Love Sex Dhoka but Rann starring Big B was Rajkummar’s launch pad? He portrayed a newsreader in the movie.
2. His real name is Rajkumar, with a single 'm'
3. He is a 'Rao' from North India
4. FTII, you did real good there
5. Dear Ekta Kapoor, this world owes you big time
We can never truly thank Ekta Kapoor for giving a chance to Rao in her films – Love Sex Aur Dhoka and Ragini MMS. Both earned critical and commercial success, no points for guessing who stole the show!
6. Never mess with Rajkummar, because…
7. Raj was a dancer before he became an actor
8. He’d cycle from Gurgaon to Delhi for theatre
9. He is a huge fan of Aamir Khan
10. Acting bug caught him early
11. Bet you didn’t know he has won a National Award. Did ya?
12. He only hired a publicist in 2014
Despite the rage that he had become after LSD and Ragini MMS, Rao said he could only hire a team of publicists in 2014.
Keep those tissues handy girls, he is taken. Rajkummar has been in a steady relationship with actress Patralekhaa (real name Anwita Paul). The two met during the shoot of a short film.
Thank you for the gift of your art to this universe, Rajkummar Rao. Please continue spreading your magic!