The shy and demure Pragya of Kumkum Bhagya started off with that cute smile and made a home in our hearts before we knew it. Television star Sriti Jha knows no other way, for she is incapable of delivering a dud performance. The innocence in her act transpires beyond the pixels of the screens, which rightfully makes her one of the most loved actresses in the industry. Her characters have been vivid, her portrayals even more.
But it has only gotten better with time and there has never, been turning back for our gorgeous starlet here. From a young debutante to a well-established name in telly town, Sriti’s journey has been an upward graph as she continues to scale heights and add feathers to her already crowded hat. However, sharing similarities with Pragya, Sriti is reserved in real life too. Going by Sriti’s Instagram page, we have deduced that the actress is an avid reader and a wanderlust soul, but there’s more to this beauty than what meets the eye. Let’s find out?
1. Sriti was born on 26 February 1986 in the Begusarai district of Bihar. The actress and her family then shifted base to Kolkata, ten years thereafter they moved to Kathmandu, Nepal. Finally, she and her folks settled in the capital, New Delhi.
2. She enrolled for Bachelor of Arts Course in Sri Venkateswara College in Delhi, where her romance with acting first blossomed. She joined the Verbum, an English dramatics society in Delhi in 2004 and after a few years, spearheaded the society as its President. It was Verbum that gave Sriti her first ‘break.’ She played the lead role in a play Ritual In Blood and won the Best Actor award in Delhi University dramatics circuit for her performance.
3. Her first screen appearance was in a teen-musical drama and there has been no looking back for Sriti ever since!
4. The actress is a fan of classics like Pyaasa, Kaagaz Ke Phool and all Satyajit Ray and Charlie Chaplin films.
5. An avid reader that she is, Sriti can read anywhere and everywhere. She leaves no chance to turn some pages of the book in between shots.
6. Sriti was recognized for her dancing skills in school days. No two ways about it!
7. Thanks to her bibliophilism, the actress turned a storyteller recently. Sriti was a guest storyteller in Books on Toast.
Think we missed out on anything? Do comment in the box below and let us know.
Stay tuned for exciting updates and dope about Sriti Jha aka your pyaari Pragya on ZEE5!