India celebrates its 73rd Independence Day on 15 August 2019. Wishing a very Happy Birthday to India, champions on Dance India Dance 7 represented the diverse culture of the country and paid a tribute to the heroes. Last weekend on Kareena Kapoor Khan‘s Zee TV dance-based reality show DID 7, contestants basked in the fervour of different shades of India. Joining them in the revelry was Haryana Hurricane, former Indian cricketer Kapil Dev. Without further ado, check out the major highlights of the 10-11 August 2019 episodes of Dance India Dance 7.
In case you missed the episodes, catch it now, here:
Bollywood beauty Kareena looked scintillating in a signature Manish Malhotra sari, bringing the 90s glamour back. She paired the seven yards creation with an elegant layered uncut diamond necklace by ANMOL. Styled by Mohit Rai, wavy, middle-parted hair and glowy makeup rounded out the actress’ look for the show just fine.
Besides Kareena, judges Bosco and Raftaat plus host Karan Wahi too were dressed in traditional attires. Even the mentors brought out the flavour of each zone.
1. The weekend began on quite a ‘high’ note as Mansi made everyone look upto her performance, quite literally too.
2. Suffice to say, the Unreal Crew left everyone emotional and in tears. They portrayed how a martyr is cremated and needless to mention, even Kapil Dev went ‘Ab rulaoge kya?’ Bet you’ll get goosebumps too!
3. Kareena playing cricket with Kapil and hitting a six was definitely a highlight of the weekend!
View this post on Instagram
#Taimur might follow his grandfather's footsteps in the world of cricket 🙌🏻👍🏻 Don't believe us? Watch this video. Tune in to Zee TV on Sat-Sun at 8 pm to watch India's biggest dance battle. #DanceKaJungistaan #DanceIndiaDance #BattleOfTheChampions #Raftaar #Bosco #KareenaKapoorKhan #KapilDev #KaranWahi
View this post on Instagram
This would surely mean the world to #Taimur! Tune in to Zee TV on Sat-Sun at 8 pm to watch India's biggest dance battle. #DanceKaJungistaan #DanceIndiaDance #BattleOfTheChampions #Raftaar #KareenaKapoorKhan #KaranWahi #Bosco @raftaarmusic @boscomartis @therealkareenakapoor #KapilDev @karanwahi @zeetvdid
Kapil even gifted Kareena a cricket bat, autographed with his best wishes for Taimur. You can check out exclusive pictures of Kapil Dev’s gift for Kareena Kapoor Khan’s son Taimur here.
4. The Soul Queens bowled us all over with a high-octane performance. Let’s just say, they know no other way but to win hearts!
5. Akshay Pal did it once again – he passed the test with flying colours on ‘Happy Birthday India’ special of Dance India Dance 7.
Which was your favourite performance from last weekend’s episodes of Dance India Dance 7? Tell us in the comments box below.
Celebrate India’s 73rd Independence Day with ZEE5 and catch our collection of Independence Day movies.