1. Bidita Bag was born in West Bengal
Best remembered for her performance in Nawazuddin Siddiqui-starrer Babumoshai Bandookbaaz, Bidita Bag is set to play a feisty stuntwoman in her next. Bidita will be seen as Reshma Pathan aka The Sholay Girl, India’s first stunt woman in a ZEE5 original soon. Set for a digital release on March 8, 2019, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, The Sholay Girl will trace the life of Reshma and her stint in movies as a body double for various actresses.
Before we proceed, catch glimpses of Bidita’s stellar acting chops in this video:
The countdown for the upcoming ZEE5 original has begun! But before that, here’s a complete lowdown on all that you should know about the leading lady Bidita. Some of these facts about the star might surprise you!
For those not in the know, Bidita hails from Santragachhi, Howrah, West Bengal. She was born into a Bengali Hindu family on 30 September 1991.
2. Bidita is an Economics graduate
3. Bidita was a supermodel in her early days
4. When Sabyasachi would share his food with Bidita
“I don’t want a Sabyasachi for my wedding,” said no bride ever! It is a dream for any girl to be dressed in Sabyasachi’s creation on her special day. And while many don’t even get to wear the beautiful couture, Bidita in an interview revealed she has a string of outfits from his collection.
Bidita revealed in an interview with a leading engagement platform that she shared a very warm rapport with Sabyasachi. He’d even give her his food, for she travelled long distance. Bidita also said that she has, in fact, even cried in front of Sabyasachi on her bad days!
5. Bidita made her acting debut with a Bengali film
6. Bidita's Bollywood debut came with From Sydney with Love
7. Did you know Bidita was offered Gangs of Wasseypur - I?
8. Bidita flaunts many feathers in her hat
9. Bidita's stint in regional films
10. Bidita's parents didn't approve of her career choice
In an interview with an engagement platform, Bidita revealed that her parents did not approve of her career choice. She had to struggle hard to find her way and reach where she is today!
Think you have more to add? Write to us with your inputs in the comments box below.