1. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was offered the female lead
Raja Hindustani is hands down one of the most romantic sagas Bollywood has ever told. The 1996 classic film stars Aamir Khan and Karisma Kapoor in the lead with Suresh Oberoi, Johnny Lever, and others in the supporting cast. Now, we ain’t trying to make you feel old, but this blockbuster completes 23 years on 15 November 2019. We bet you have watched this utter mush fest at least a dozen (you can’t sit with us if you haven’t), however, you might not know these interesting facts about the flick.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was offered the female lead in Raja Hindustani. However, the actress wasn’t looking at a career in acting then and thus, gave it a pass. Imagine Aishwarya saying, “Raja, tum pagal ho pagal!”
2. Aamir and Karisma's lip-lock one of the longest in Bollywood movies
3. Aamir won his first Filmfare for Raja Hindustani
4. Juhi Chawla was offered Raja Hindustani
5. Pooja Bhatt was nearly signed for Raja Hindustani
Aamir has always abstained from repeating his heroines in films. Even during Raja Hindustani, he wanted to work with an actress he hadn’t collaborated with earlier. Thus, director Dharmesh Darshan had to take Karisma instead of Pooja Bhatt.
6. Raja Hindustani has a V for Vendetta connection
The song ‘Pardesi Pardesi’ was sampled from the BKAB, one of the songs from the soundtrack of V for Vendetta.
7. Raja Hindustani was initially 4 hours long
8. Aamir had turned down Raja Hindustani
9. 'Kitna Pyara Tujhe' sampled from 'Kinha Sona'
10. Raja Hindustani has a Dhadkan connection
Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan both were directed by Dharmesh Darshan. The theme used during Aamir and Karisma’s kissing scene in the 1996 film was used in Dhadkan’s title song ‘Tum Dil Ki Dhadkan’ again. Did you ever notice that before?
Watch Raja Hindustani for free, now streaming on ZEE5: