Sriti Jha plays the role of one of the most loved and popular TV characters, Pragya, on Kumkum Bhagya. Her jodi with Shabir Ahluwalia has been winning best jodi at the Zee Rishtey Awards for the past 5 years now. Sriti Jha has also has won three Zee Rishtey Awards for her character on the show. We sit down for a chat with her about the role on the show and what makes the Zee Rishtey Awards special to her.
1. How does it feel being nominated in so many categories for the Zee Rishtey Awards?
It always feels great to be a part of this Awards Ceremony because the fans vote for the winners. Plus, the kind of appreciation, love and support that fans shower is great to see. I truly feel that it’s only because of them that we are able to have such a successful run and personally, I am forever grateful to them.
2. What is the biggest twist on the show that even you didn’t expect?
Biggest twist, I think I’ll have to say, is Abhi’s memory loss.
Watch Sriti Jha play ‘Never Have I Ever’ with her co-stars Shabir Ahluwalia and Vin Rana.
3. What is the nicest reaction you got from the audiences about your character on the show?
Nicest reaction would be from somebody in Ghana who said they learnt to make rotis because of me. And I was quite surprised because I don’t know how to make rotis. I thought it was really funny, because I have no idea what they had learnt.
4. Since you are a poet already. Do you ever write your own lines on the show?
Both Shabir and I like to improvise and we do that sometimes. But no, almost all of the dialogues especially all the good lines are written by our talented team of dialogue writers and we stick to the script. Also the poetry that I do and the show are completely different I keep them separate.
5. What is your resolution for the new year?
In 2020 I want to travel a lot more.